Monday, January 9, 2012

And it begins!

Written in janurary 7th, 2012...



I had a wonderful time out with my friends before I left! Every moment felt like a gift as corny as that sounds. Before bed a spent a big of extra time looking over the lights of north fort worth from my hotel room and went to bed.















I struggled through packing up all my stuff in the morning. After lunch with Maggie I was off. I got in last minute calls and text to family and friends and took my second first class flight of my life. I asked I guy to help me put my bag up and it was so heavy he asked if was running away from home. I as well actually I am :).



Once in Chicago I went to the admirals club, another very fun first. I enjoyed two glasses of wine, read a Good and Perfect Gift ( about a little girl with down syndrome. It is very sweet and very similar to Alan entering this world)and relaxed for the first time in 2 months. I also got a wonderful call from Christina which made me so happy, she was my first visitor to fort worth and hopefully will visit in Europe.



I boarded my flight and sat next to a couple british gentlemen that were very fun. Business class's is very fun! Good food, good drinks and great sleep! Apparently, as I found out this morning, I feel asleep watching a movie, sat up at some point and started moving my neighbors seat up and down! Whoops! This morning I arrived in Manchester to the start of a stressful morning with several fiascos. I had so much luggage that i got a cart. When i wheeled it outside the airport and across the street all my bags fell off into the street. No one helped! I quickly tried to get them out of the street and onto the cart. Lesson learned pack lighter! Then with renting my car i received one that was too big and exchanged it for a smaller wagon. The streets are so narrow that I get uncomfortable with really wide cars.



Once I finally made it to the hotel around 11, I checked in and was pleasantly surprised to have a large room with two beds!!!! I decided to take a 2 hour nap and didn't get out of bed till 4pm. It felt great! It has been so long since I could be that lazy and just relax. Then I decided to go out and explore. I spoke with the receptionists for a while about where good places to live would be. We talked about Buckshaw Village, Fulwood, Lytham St Anne's and Poulton. I decided to drive to Lytham which is about 20 minutes. It is very cute with an adorable downtown and right on the ocean. I walked around for a bit even though most stores where closed. I ended up at a pub for dinner and a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment