Monday, January 23, 2012

It gets better!

I had the best weekend! It started off with a lazy Friday off where I looked at some places in Lytham. I went with Nick our house hunter provided by Lockheed. He is sooooo very British. He was so polite and was like a father helping me pick places and checking on all the things I forget about like heat and bills! We saw several places that would work very well! I will post pictures. One lady we went to houses with showed us these not nice places and she was in such a rush. Nick kept making comments about how bad she was at her job. We went to one and she tried to get through the door, tried all 3 keys, asked nick to try then realized she had the wrong keys! We just shook out heads! It was also the first day since I had been here that is rained! Terrible timing!

Saturday I checked out of the Preston hotel, went to work then drove to Manchester. I checking into the Marriott in Manchester, upgraded to a nicer room and relaxed for a bit. I'm the afternoon I met up with a friend of Rebecca's who grew up with her finance. Vanessa and I met up with a couple of her friends and we went out for drinks in castefield. It is the area I am thinking about living in. It is very sweet and has canals through it. Very romantic and feel surreal. We went to a couple other places the went home to change for the night out! We went dancing, I met some friends by doing the dougie that we ended up staying out till 4am then went to the curry mile to get Indian food! Very fun and very English!

I slept in a bit Sunday then met up at a pub with Ashley, a friend from Boeing, her husband, a Brit ;), and their friends! They picked a place in Manchester not knowing where I was. I was a bit nervous I was going to need to take public transportation but the pub was .3 miles form my hotel! The closest place. We went to walkabout only to not if d a tale so we went to another places to get food. Once we had ordered drinks we found out they did not have footie or food. We finished out drinks and headed back to walkabout! We watched Manchester united beat arsenal. Most of the time we laughed about how we say things differently. My favorite saying so far is brilliant. Instead of good, great or wonderful they say brilliant. You can even make it more meaningful by adding bloody before the brilliant :)!

After the game we headed to another bar where we decided to take shots. One out of the six shots had hot peppers in them. Of course I got the pepper shot! Hahaha! After that we went to Indian food which had naan to share! I have never seen so much naan! It was amazing! We had a great time and I made it home before midnight to wake up for work at 530!

Tonight Vanessa and I got sushi then walked through the different neighborhoods! The city center is so small that every few blocks (which they do not say here!) you are in another neighborhood. We went to china town, spitting fields, castlefields, canal street and several other places on our 40 minute walk! The next adventure I have head is Chinese karaoke!

Overall it was a brilliant weekend! I am so excited to have made so many friends and for all the adventures ahead of me! I can't believe I live in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment