Monday, January 9, 2012

Whoops and recovery

Written January 9th, 2012...

On the way to Lytham on Saturday I tapped my side mirror on another car while driving on a busy, narrow street. When I got back from dinner at the pub, I checked the mirror and realized I had really messed it up. The mirror was hanging off the rest of the mirror that was attached to the car. Not thinking I pushed the mirror hanging on a coard back into the mirror holder and I got into the car and hoped it would last till I got home. It didn't. Once I got on the freeway it started banging against the car, I slowed down and it got stuck for a bit, then started banging. It was very dark (630pm) and the freeway shoulder was very small so I didn't feel cmfortable stopping. It kepts getting stuck them banging, stuck then banging. All of a suddend it was quiet again and the mirror hanging off was gone. I started to panic. I didn't buy the extra insurance. I got back to the front desk where my the receptionists from earlier were and told them the story. They laughed but more in a way of pathetic and I don't want you driving! As I walked up the ramp to my room they stopped as asked me if I wanted to go out with them one night. It was the best thing that had happened to me all day!

I went back to my room and went to bed around 8 only to wake up and stay up till 430am. I should have done my dads jet lag diet!!! I did finish my book though!

Sunday I woke up late and went to the gym for 2 hours just to kill time. Then decided I would trace my route to see if I could find my mirror, I didn't. I was still very upset about it and didn't have a clue what to do. I decided to go to the grocery store and try to stay off the roads for the rest of the day. I ended up researching MBA programs.

Today was my first day back at work. It was pretty fun but the highlight was talking to an expat who has been in the uk for a while who told me that visa provides insurance for free when renting a car overseas!!!! Amazing!!! I get to just take the car and the broke mirror right back to Avis and say good thing I didn't buy your insurance!!! Yay visa!

Tonight I went to a body pump workout class. It was a 50 or 60 year old lady teaching who had abs like rocks! We listened to songs like eye of the tiger and she would dance and shout out things in her accent which I didn't understand. The class was super hard but her personality really made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment